1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now on ESPN: Cup-Stacking championships!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BigRed, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The way I see it, this is a throwback to ESPN's infancy years. It's not like they haven't ever shown stuff like that before. And I actually watched five minutes of this; I never felt compelled to watch a second of the spelling bees.

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Makes me long for Australian Rules Football.

Give me some of those Essendon Bombers beating up on Hawthorn and that Barney Rubble-look alike Leigh Matthews, the Sydney Swans (with those cool unis featuring the Opera House silhouette), the take-no-prisoners Aussie announcers on Channel 7 and those awesome goal judges in the white, Good Humor Man suits doing the stop-time, double-point to indicate a goal.

Give me some more of those 125,000 people crammed into the Melbourne Cricket Grounds for the Grand Final.

Then -- and only then -- can I stomach the rest of this.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Kige Ramsey agrees with you (in fact, this may be one of his best videos):

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Why is this the first I've heard and seen of this Kige Ramsey? He's the Kentucky-fried JDV.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

To get up-to-speed on the phenomenon that is Kige Ramsey, check out:

* http://mikehorner.typepad.com/kige_ramsey/
    * http://deadspin.com/sports/kige-ramsey/
    *He's also on Facebook (but his MySpace profile isn't real)

Of course, one advantage of Kige over JDV is that his videos are much, much shorter. Two advantages that JDV has over Kige are that he sometimes features hot women and shout-outs to SportsJournalists.com

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Here's the greatest post ever, from the Kige Ramsey YouTube video. Not sure if it is written in sarcasm font, which makes it all the better:

7. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

The funniest part of the ESPN coverage was their botched attempt at a pre-tournament introspective interview with a contestant, a kid who compared himself to Santana Moss. THey show him waking up early, getting a ride to the arena, then they show him seemingly practicing and screwing up. Turns out it was the prelims, he gets eliminated and isn't in any of the taped coverage. Basically they had one camera to follow someone around and they picked the wrong guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted