1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now Oliver Stone is the latest Hollywood brain-dead...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 30, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just because the US government says Group X is a terrorist organization doesn't make it so.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

And just because someone who doesn't happen to like the current U.S. government says it's a terrorist organization doesn't make it so.

3. Problem is, I don't think JR likes ANY U.S. government.

4. Personally, I think what you said reeks of ass.

5. Trucha

Trucha Member

We get it. Anything the current administration does is OK with you. The point is, a lot of what the current administration does isn't OK with plenty of rational people who can make a pretty compelling case that YOU are the idiots.

Terrorism is all in the eye of the beholder ... and it doesn't take a whole lot of digging to see where the U.S. has engaged in what could easily be defined as terrorism.

My favorite bumper sticker ... "The American Indian: Fighting terrorism since 1492." Of course, that's different, huh?

6. pallister

pallister Guest

No, that's pretty stupid, too. I can see why it's your favorite.

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Or a candle for that matter . . .

I have no problem with the Dixie Chicks, Sean Penn, Alec Baldwin, Toby Keith, Matt Damon or even Susan and Tim Sarandon spouting off their beliefs in private or public. Just like every other Tom, Dick and Harriet in the United States we all have the right to sound like total buffoons. Their soap box just tends to be a bit more publicized. But again, I listen to them on deciding who I want to vote for or if I support a war as much as I listen to my sister, who is voting for Hillary Rodham for no other reason than "it would be cool to have a girl in the White House for once."

God Bless America!

8. Trucha

Trucha Member

Not inaccurate ... just stupid. OK. At least we're getting somewhere.

So you're saying that Christians are morally superior to Muslims because they don't lop off heads ... they merely hand out blankets laced with small pox. Much more dignified genocide, I agree.

9. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Times have changed my friend. It's no longer blankets with small pox.
    Now it's penis inserted in small buttox.

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Wow, Trucha, you are the dumbest person I've ever come across on here.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That that back! There have been much bigger idiots here, and you know it, dammit!

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Overall, Doc, you're probably right. But he's starting out pretty damn good, or bad, as it were.

Draft saved Draft deleted