1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now Oliver Stone is the latest Hollywood brain-dead...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 30, 2007.

1. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Limbaugh and O'Reilly do the same thing, but for three hours a day on the radio. Another hour on TV for Loofa Boy. Doesn't all that cancel each other out?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

so we're wing nuts?
    ok.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, as far as some of you people think -- the same people who would just as soon not allow Rush or O'Reilly on the air for the simple reason that they don't spout liberal dogman.

4. Hey, pal.
    I AM The Liberal Dogman.

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I don't want O'Reilly on the air for the simple reason of all the factual inaccuracies he passes off as true, then makes it into a personal attack, if, HOW DARE YOU, question MY accuracy! I HAVE A PEABODY! No, Bill, it was a Polk and it was 3 years after you left the show. YOU ARE ATTACKING ME! YOU HATE AMERICA!

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

How quickly do people forget the First Amendment's right to free speech?

Its incumbent upon us, the listeners, to filter out what we want to listen to and what we want to ignore.

Without the free marketplace of ideas, we are no longer free.

7. Trucha

Trucha Member

Uh, who gets to define terrorist organization? You? Cheney? Some say the current U.S. government is a terrorist organization ... and that Cheney is far more of a threat to our freedoms than Chavez.

8. Moral relativism never takes a holiday, apparently.

9. Mr. Cheney supports the idea of selling missiles to the sponsors of terrorism in the Middle East in order to finance our own terrorism in Central America.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/09/opinion/09wilentz.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Yes, complete idiots and many of the lefties who litter this board.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Stone's been brain-dead for 30 years.

Cocaine will do that to a guy. Look no farther than 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What does the 1st amendment have to do with this? What's the firast word of the first amendment? Is Markvid a government actor? Was he even advocating the position that Stone should not be allowed to say this, or was he exercising his own right of speech and airing the comments into the marketplace of ideas, with his own contribution - that Stone is brain-dead.

Draft saved Draft deleted