1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now make like a tree, and get out of here!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MartinEnigmatica, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

What the hell is that F_B?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

did that cat just not own a pair of scissors?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"You idiot, it's make like a tree, and leave!' -- Old Biff to young Biff

4. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

***UPDATE***
    A second giant branch fell a few nights ago, much to the chagrin of the public works folks and the policemen who had to come for the first fallen branch...also the annoyed neighbors.

Anyway, it's getting trimmed as we speak. I got a constant price estimate of about 800 for a trim, 2000 for a total takedown. The tree -- no one really seems to know what kind it is, even the arborists -- is still alive, so I opted for the grooming. It's looking pretty ridiculous now, but it's a hell of a lot safer. So thanks for the advice.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Important note:
    Check with your municipality for any possible ordinances and/or codes regarding tree trimming and/or removal.
    The city in which I live has very strict ordinances about trees, especially certain species of tree.
    In many instances, you almost have to wait for the tree to damage your car/house/etc. before you can get a special permit to have it removed.

Draft saved Draft deleted