1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now, Live ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Desparate Housewives is jumping the shark.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

COM - FUCKING - PLETELY!

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Are you guys really watching Desperate Housewives instead of Steelers football?

I'll be expecting your man cards in the mail.

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Hey, I'm watching football!

Never watched an episode of Desperate Housewives in my life.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I watched it.

I concur.

This show doesn't need an "EVENT!!!!!!!!!" It's amusing and keeps me coming back without that.

And as for the other death . . . the rule with these things when they say "They will lose a friend!!!" is pretty simple. Look for the character who seldom gets paid attention to, yet suddenly finds themselves part of the "EVENT!!!!!"

I remember when early 90210 had that ad in TV Guide and the previews: "Tonight, they will lose one of their own!" And the ad had David Silver's nondescript blonde friend in the group photo, when he was a minor part of th show. He died after accidentally shooting himself, and they had their artificial drama without killing a character anyone cared about.

Like the old lady in the basement with Lynette's family. The one whose cat caused so much trouble. Horribly predictable. I expect that from Grey's Anatomy.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Felicity Huffman should give back her Oscar, or Golden Globe or whatever the hell it was she won a few years back...

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Thank god there was a lot more to watch on the tv last night than Desperate Housewives.

Like Grey's, I thought the show was cancelled already....

Draft saved Draft deleted