1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

now, kids, THIS is ol' time rock 'n roll, Boss style

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Dec 2, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

bob seger, one of my faves in the '70s. brings our BRUCE!!! last night at madison square garden for this classic -- a personal fave 'cause we almost brought down the chandeliers when our families and friends tore up the dance floor at our wedding celebration when the dj spun this one: http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/bruce-springsteen-and-bob-seger-perform-old-time-rock-roll-in-nyc-20111202

hope it's not a db. i havent been on the board all day...

2. That was great. Big Seger fan but he's aged to look like some TV character I just can't put my finger on.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

could it be cartoon character on tv? that struck me too.

4. Not a cartoon character and not a thinner Rob Ryan either. Damn this is bugging me.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Damn, that was awesome. I have got to go see Bruce. Wouldn't mind seeing Seeger, either. That was right up my alley.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Prodigal Wilburys (a heretofore-forgotten bunch of cousins/nephews):

Scooter Wilbury: Bruce Springsteen
    Willie P. Wilbury: John Fogerty
    Mac Wilbury: Bob Seger
    Shooter F. Wilbury: John Mellencamp
    Happy Wilbury: Elvis Costello

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Good stuff. Might be the first time I've seen Bruce on stage not performing like it was his last song ever, but he wasn't upstaging Seger, which was classy.

As for Seger...yeah, I'd rather think of him 30 years ago. Can't pin down that look exactly but it's definitely Grandpa rocker. Headbands!

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Not a cartoon character, but someone from those Freedom Rock infomercials. ;D

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

[​IMG]

+

[​IMG]

=

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I used to spend a lot of time listening to Seger. Really like his music. Saw him in concert in 1983 at the Hollywood Sportsatorium (??) in Florida. I had enough beer in me that when he sang "Hollywood Nights" and everybody started cheering, I started shouting: "He's talking about MY Hollywood, not this fucking place!!"

11. I think I figured it out - Bob Seger in that video looks like the guy playing Santa in the Best Buy commercials

Draft saved Draft deleted