1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now here's a fun newspaper story

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Chicago. Gotta get there next summer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/13/fashion/13BOAT.html?_r=1&ref=style&oref=slogin

“I bought 11 bikinis for the summer alone,” said Jamie Coates, 23, a model and Playpen regular who took time from comparing breast sizes with a friend to talk to a reporter. She’s been going to clubs since she was 18. “Been there, done that. This is something new, something real.”

Now that's great detail that makes an already-fun story all the more worthwhile.

2. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

And the lemmings head toward the cliff ...

3. Almost_Famous

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Well, this is as good a place as any ...

Remedial Theatre presents:

COCKDIAN'S Othello

Act I, Scene 3

(inside an Italian villa in early evening)

(SHAQUILLIAN, Assius and Nicknoltius burst inside. LeBrono delivers a jarring headbutt to Assius, and both go down.)

NICKNOLTIUS: Hey, chocolate spread!

(He grabs the spread and heads for the bathroom.)

KOBEAGO: Well, looks like it's just you and me, fatboy.

(Shaquillian moves forward for the kill. From behind, Desduhmoana smacks him in the head with a frying pan.)

SHAQUILLIAN (smiling): You'll have to do better than that.

KOBEAGO: Damn, bitch! Is that all you got.

DESDUHMOANA: Well, no.

(She steps in front of Shaquillian and sprays him full in the eyes with Mace.)

SHAQUILLIAN: ARRRRRRRGH!

(Kobeago delivers a full, doublenutbreaking kick to Shaquillian's genitals. He collapses.)

DESDUHMOANA: Do you really think I'd be here around you without protection?

KOBEAGO: Shut your face, bitch. Now go take care of that Mr. Cates in the bathroom whilst I drag the Mora's worthless ass out of here.

(Kobeago slides LeBrono face first out of the villa and into a Lamborghini. They head toward town.)

LeBRONO (waking up): Where we goin', man?

KOBEAGO: If you can't kick one cracker's ass without passing out, we're gonna need some more homeboys helpin' us out.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

i read that story this morning and thought to myself and it seemed like the typical new york times story making something that's happening outside new york into a big deal just because it's sort of unique because it's not happening in new york.

people are tying their boats together and drinking a lot. and chicks are half naked. woo! i think people do this every summer everywhere in the country where there's water, boats and booze.

6. Almost_Famous

When you can combine city life with the water, you've got a potent combo.

Leo, what other major cities the scene that was described in Chicago?

7. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I thought this was quite the quote

Mr. Lombard said the police “kind of turn a blind eye” to some of what goes on in the Playpen, including overfilled boats and recreational drug use, “because, well, this is Chicago.”

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

In the next to last photo of the slide show, one young lass is sporting the surest possible sign of sorostitute-hood: The open pack of Marlboro lights jammed into the front of the hot pants.

Dear god, how do people not realize that they're cliches?

9. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I read three grafs, and had nothing to do w/ Chicago been included, I would have thought they were talking about Lake of the Ozarks.
    Granted, Busch Light would have been in the first graf.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Well where else is she supposed to keep her smokes?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Every major lake in America has a party cove. Chicago just might be the only place with a party cove in city limits.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

In her cooter, Beef.

It's the only dignified way...

Draft saved Draft deleted