1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now Belo gets out the ax

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by OTD, Jul 28, 2008.

1. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Thread title needs an "again" at the end.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/29134/
    http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/28832/

3. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

The ProJo's main columnist hasn't written in a couple weeks and his photo has been taken off the paper's web site ... I'm curious to as if this had something to do with it.

4. SlickWillie71

SlickWillie71 Member

And the body count continues.....

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Donaldson? Or someone else?

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Bill Reynolds is the one missing.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Three of its daily newspapers? They only own four.

8. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Belo Grand Poobah Robert Decherd figures to pull in at least a $500,000 bonus for this masterful stroke of bidness.

9. bob

bob Member

Probably on vacation. They just got the word today about buyouts. They have until Aug. 12 to accept. Reynolds will probably die in that position if they let him. Wouldn't be surprised if Krasner takes buyout. He's not happy and has a good side business.

10. MMatt60

MMatt60 Member

Pretty odd to remove a columnist's photo if he/she is merely going on vacation.

11. bob

bob Member

That crossed my mind, but in talking with Prov. guys recently, I've never heard anything about anyone leaving.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Some big names throughout the paper will be out of here. The lead political columnist is almost certain to take it, lead metro columnist sounds likely to, lead political writer is thinking about it.
    They're also looking for four copy editors to go. The Providence Phoenix had a shopping list of what positions exactly are being cut (site's down, but I'll try to post later).

Draft saved Draft deleted