1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now batting *** FAYETTEVILLE

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I knew after reading the first post, but indicating which Fayetteville might be helpful.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hey, have to save SOMETHING to make you click!

3. sgaleadfoot

sgaleadfoot Member

Holy crap. Hope everyone in f-ville pulls through this ok. I've run into a couple of guys on staff there...all of them are great people.

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Wow, just wow. That floors me, the notion that Neil is moving from being the sports editor for a well-respected paper to work part-time on the N&O's copy desk? I'm stunned.

5. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

linotype, I'm baffled by it too. It makes me wonder if Wilmington forced him out. I hope not. I really don't know Neil well except to have said hi to him a couple of times at ACC games but I have heard nothing but great things about him.

The whole situation with Fayetteville is puzzling as well. They seemed to have had a really good thing going. Obviously, not so much anymore.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Unfortunately, Tarheel, there's a lot of that going around these days.

7. Dicky_Dunn

Dicky_Dunn New Member

In this case, the blame goes right to the top.

Draft saved Draft deleted