1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Now available to "melt your popsicle": Katy Perry

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by I Should Coco, Dec 30, 2011.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

TigerVols' version.

2. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I must also say, although it is probably costing me SportsJournalists.com cool points -- remember the Happy Days board game? "Fonz catches you wearing argyle socks: lose 2 cool points" -- that I think she's attractive and I do like some of her songs.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That's the version I'm goin' with, too.

4. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

[/crossthread]

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I know the adage about, "no matter how hot she is, some guy, somewhere....."

But the fact that Russell Brand got sick of Katy Perry before Katy Perry got sick of Russell Brand is all the proof we'll ever need that drugs are bad, m'kay?

6. Heisenberg

Heisenberg New Member

Katy Perry has songs? Who knew?

7. jr/shotglass

The things you learn when you lift your eyes. ;)

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I'm convinced she's trying to make each of her songs worse than the previous one. So far, so good.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Her music: bad. Her breasts: nice.

10. jr/shotglass

I just don't get that at all. I'm not trying to make her the next great songstress of an era. But damn, "Teenage Dream" was some outstanding top-40 pop. "Last Friday Night," between the song and the video, was superb.

She's not getting worse with every song. Far from it.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And I don't get THAT at all. Last Friday Night is as tragically bad a pop song as there has been in the past five years.

12. I don't know a lot about her, but I thought she was a christian artist before she went mainstream, even putting out an unsuccessful gospel album. What I find strange is that he mentioned dumping her for her partying ways. I know she has strayed away from her religious past, but I never thought she went too far. And I agree . . . While she is certainly not drop-dead gorgeous, she is hot in a refreshingly normal way.

Draft saved Draft deleted