1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NOW 2008 Gets Interesting!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Well, he makes Brownback, Tancredo, and Hunter look sane.

2. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Whither LaRouche?

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

YEAH BABY!!! My boy gets back in the mix! Alan Keyes entering the mix just made my decision a heck of a lot easier!

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ron Paul's a classier act than anyone else in this particular zip code, and his chances are less than zero. Enjoy yourselves, but the fringe of the fringe isn't going to matter in either competition, unless the GOP is sufficiently deranged to actually try one of these guys in the VP slot -- and they'll only do that if they're convinced the top of the Dem ticket (whomever that may be) is unbeatable. Long way to go.

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Hey I agree about Paul. I'm just a personal fan of Keyes, although I hate his strong views against the gay community, you know where he stands on everything. He will not talk around an issue. That's how they all should be!

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Has he offered Tim Hardaway the job as his running mate yet?

7. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Wish I could figure out who would do the same for you, Fen.

8. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Keyes is a professional candidate. That's how he makes his living. He's gotten in trouble with the FEC in the past for paying himself with campaign contributions. That's why he went to Illinois to run against Obama, for the money. No surprise he's running again, even though he's got zero chance of winning the nomination (he's got zero chance of getting 10% of the vote in Iowa or New Hampshire) and there are other candidates making a hard pitch at the religious conservatives who are his base. He'll probably run in 2012 and 2016, as long as people keep writing checks.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Bill, that was cogent and well argued.

Clearly, you're new to our political threads. ;)

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Ha ha. That was good.

FYI: When I was traveling in NW Illinois on the way to Minnesota for a Twins playoff game back in 2004, almost every yard sign was for Keyes. I didn't see many Obama signs at all. Two years later, in downstate Illinois the signs were almost all for Judy Topinka and I could count Blago's signs on both hands.

Chicago and its suburbs may be as blue as it gets in Illinois. I'd wager the rest of the state is pretty red. So Keyes might have a shot in other red areas. Not much of one, but a shot.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Vote Keyes: The Harold Stassen for the 21st Century.

12. I have to admit. He has the ability to frame an argument within rhetoric so handsome that you nearly -- NEARLY -- forget that thew argument itself is batshit crazee.

Draft saved Draft deleted