1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NOW 2008 Gets Interesting!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 15, 2007.

1. He's back!
    http://www.renewamerica.us/news/070914keyes.htm

Keyes-Obama. The Rematch.
    This time, it's...personal!

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Why would Keyes even waste his money like that? Stupid move.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Oh, this ought to be fun with one more whacko added to the Republican mix

4. Hey, in 2004, when Michael Moore brought a mobile mosh pit to NH, Keyes was the only candidate who jumped in from the stage.
    Got points from me for that.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Alan Keyes, professional tackling dummy.

6. Of course, disowning his gay daughter in public cost him some points.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Three down from five?

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Here's the thing with Keyes: He wants to win and would accept the office if given to him, but for him the message is what matters most. Everyone joked about how badly he'd get killed (and did, matter of fact) by Obama in the senate race, but I'd say the Republicans were actually being somewhat smart about it because that seat was pretty much out of reach for them, so they send in kamakazie Keyes, who rarely pulls punches, to score a few points on the hot name in a losing cause. And now he's back, knowing good as well he's not going to win the nomination or come close, but he'll make the debates a lot more interesting if he's let in.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Agreed.

In some ways, I think we'd be better off with more politicians who make things interesting, like Keyes, instead of the apathy-inducing bores we typically have. That said, Keyes is batshitcrazy.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

So on the Republican side, does Keyes' entry hurt any particular candidate by pulling the lunatic fringe vote away? If it hurts a candidate, which candidate does it help?

11. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Heck, I have voted for him twice, and would happily do so again. He bypasses the political BS and actually says what he thinks, even when he knows it will cost him votes.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Voted for him once, too, in a previous life.

Draft saved Draft deleted