1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nov. 22, 1963 - conspiracy or not

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

well, if jennings can't convince you, who the fuck can?

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I watched the Discovery Channel program last weekend and I agree with Old_tony.

The program pretty much eliminated any chance at a conspiracy and made it clear that the shot was probably not as difficult as we'd like to believe.

As for Ruby? Given the emotion of the day, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the cops intentionally let him get that close specifically to kill Oswald simply because they believed Oswald was guilty.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and how much did you know about his death before the discovery channel spelled it all out for you?

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

You can't believe you watched the Discovery Channel show? Or you can't believe you agree with me?

:D :D :D

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Nah, he was in the book suppository. /Full Metal Jacket

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Thank you, Private Snowball.

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

3 times now you've given douchebaggy responses to people who have watched and found believable journalistic efforts which have 1) given credence and credibility to the official version of events and 2) thoroughly de-bunked many of the various popular conspiracy theories. Why?

EDIT: After further review, that's 4 douchebaggy responses. My apologies.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

because i have little tolerance for folks who aren't all that bright. 45 years later, if one freakin' television show can influence how you think ... well, you're not much of a thinker.

and really? using television as a journalistic medium to influence your thoughts? really?

9. Point of Order

Wow... okay. Ever seen 60 Minutes?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

ever think the producers of 60 minutes might have an agenda, too?

i'm in the business of getting all the facts before i make up my mind, not one person's or one group of people's facts ... and that also spills over to my personal life as well.

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Why not Tom? It worked in this past presidential election.

12. Point of Order

Sure, but what's your point? Everyone has an agenda. EVERYONE. Could be truth, gaining & maintaining credibility, setting the record straight, uncovering fraud, etc. Agendas aren't always bad. So there's strike one.

How's that relevant to the discussion here?

Draft saved Draft deleted