1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nov. 22, 1963 - conspiracy or not

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Nov 21, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

It was called off the week or so after James Jordan was murdered.

Then Michael tried baseball.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oswald was the shooter, IMHO. He just wasn't the only one involved. Ruby will always make me think that.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Did anyone watch the Discovery Channel show last Sunday? Brought up some very interesting points.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've never believed that story. I don't see Stern doing anything that would hurt the NBA's TV ratings.

5. 93Devil

Stern had nothing to do with it, but the entire sequence does seem a little odd.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And those points were?

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I think it was the Discovery Channel's program, but it may have been another. At any rate, new acoustic evidence seems to refute the lynchpin of the House Assassinations Committee's finding of a second shooter. A sound that was presumed to be a gunshot was, in fact, recorded by a police motorcycle a couple of blocks away and was therefore not a gunshot. Sorry for the uncertainty.
    I was a big conspiracy theorist, but when I saw the footage of Oswald having a press conference the night of the shooting, I changed my mind.
    Consider this: If unseen forces have really set up Oswald and framed him, they're not going to allow him to answer questions on live TV, are they? Whether he knows he has been set up shouldn't really matter. Seems to me the puppeteers wouldn't want to take any risk of that magnitude. Jack Ruby was in the room at the press conference, having used his connections with the cops to get in. If he's the guy who's supposed to rub out Oswald, why does he let him get up there and start talking?
    Curiously yours, ...

8. 93Devil

They probably thought Oswlad would have been dead 15 minutes after Kennedy.

9. Mizzougrad96

I could see Jordan, between his father's death and a possible gambling "investigation," deciding to walk, but I don't think he was ever seriously threatened with a suspension.

10. Mizzougrad96

Won't the full report (yeah right) be released after Caroline dies?

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Some have surmised that he wasn't supposed to come out of the theatre alive. He was heard announcing rather loudly, "I am not resisting arrest", perhaps realizing what was going down.

12. I believe that Oswald was the only shooter, but I do believe that he was working on behalf of a Communist group, be it foreign governments like the Soviet Union and Cuba or activist groups or revolutionaries. How Oswald spent a considerable period of time in the Soviet Union (that's how he met his wife, as you all likely know) and his summer in New Orleans in 1963 is not given as much emphasis as such facts warrant.

Draft saved Draft deleted