1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nov. 22, 1963 - conspiracy or not

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Here we are about to mark another anniversary date on the assassination of JFK. Now, more than ever, I feel it was a conspiracy and that Lee Harvey Oswald wasn't the only hit man. He just happened to be the patsy who got caught.
    Are there others who feel the same way?
  2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

As noted elsewhere, yes, a firm believer in conspiracy.

And that Lee Harvey wasn't shooting at all.

There probably was a shooter on the knoll, but the lethal shot may have come from the storm sewer beside the car.

So much tampered evidence, so many unnatural deaths of people with a link to the event.

But, if you go on nothing else, the magic bullet theory and that bullet emerging in virtually pristine form after penetrating through two bodies and bones, basically call out the impossibility of a single shooter.
  3. Drip

Drip Active Member

When Arlen Specter became involved, I knew it was going to be fucked up.
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The only bigger conspiracy was the Kings-Lakers series. ;D
  5. Drip

Drip Active Member

No doubt. The fix was definitely in on that one.
  6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mizzou, do you think that David Stern was in the Book Depository or on the grassy knoll?
  7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

When Arlen Specter became involved, I was probably 2 years old. How old were you? You were apparently very politically aware.

My vote: conspiracy. No question in my mind.
  8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If you have ever been to Dealey Plaza and walked the area, the thing that strikes you immediatly is Oswald "chose" the worst possible location to shoot.

The real killers were up on the knoll.

9. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Active Member

Oswald killing the policeman a short while later makes me figure he was a shooter in the JFK killing. Just not the only shooter.
  10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

David Stern's to do list:

Signal Oswald when to shoot.
    Fake moon landing.
    Freeze ping pong ball, get Ewing fitted for Knicks jersey.
    Golf with Donaghy.
    Dinner with Jerry Buss.
  11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

So true, devil. Oswald (or rather, the person who was in the 6th floor window) had a straight on shot as the limo turned from Houston to Elm. Probably could have spit on the president from that range. But, no let's wait until the target is moving away and let's bring a tree into play as well. I guess there were degree of difficulty points awarded for this assassination.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What about the meeting with Jordan to suspend him for gambling debts?
Draft saved Draft deleted