1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nov. 19 oddity

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Nov 19, 2018.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Actresses Kathleen Quinlan (64), Glynnis O'Connor (63), Allison Janney (59), Meg Ryan (57) and Jodie Foster (55) all celebrate birthdays today. They've been in a lot of good movies/TV shows.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Was one The Client?

wicked likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Jodie Foster: Born 3 days before the assassination of a president and mentioned prominently in the attempted assassination of another.

4. micropolitan guy

No. But Susan Sarandon, Tommy Lee Jones, Mary-Louise Parker, JT Walsh, Will Patton, Anthony Edwards, William H. Macy, Bradley Whitford, Anthony LaPaglia, Ossie Davis, William Sanderson and Kim Coates were in that movie.

That's a pretty solid cast.

5. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

For years, I 've been the one editing the daily 'Today in History' for our features page, so I'm always looking through the birthdays. My favorite oddity as far as birthdays is that Meredith Baxter and Michael Gross, who played the married couple/parents Elyse and Steve Keaton in "Family Ties," were born on the same day, June 21, 1947. And, my dad was born on that date nine years earlier.

Fred siegle and playthrough like this.
  6. micropolitan guy

It hurts to think Meredith Baxter (Birney) is 71 years old. She and Lea Thompson always had that girl-next-door attractiveness.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And if you're scoring at home, Baxter (Birney) has been married four times, three to men and one to a woman.

micropolitan guy likes this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

She's scoring at home with both teams!

9. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

I was a big Joanna Kerns fan back then.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

And they'll be together for a million more...

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Lea Thompson was 23 and change while BTTF was filmed, and looked 13 and change. She still looks the same 10-year time lag today at 56. Boing.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Thompson played Kelly Buckowski in Jaws 3-D, not to be confused with Kelly Kapowski played by Tiffani Thiessen on Saved by the Bell.

Draft saved Draft deleted