1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nov. 18 Have Sex with a guy with a mustache day

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 7, 2012.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I used to do 3-day stubble a lot. I was damned sexy, too. Then about 15 years ago I decided to go all out and grow a beard. Not just a beard.I decided I was going to go Grizzly Adams. That was when I realized what I posted earlier. I am alergic to my own facial hair. I couldn't stop sneezing, but I was so stubborn that I held on for 3 months before I gave in and shaved it off and ended my misery. Of course I had to do the obligatory day with a Hitler mustache first. Since then, I have shaved every day.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Do a lot of women like goatees?
    You see so many married guys with them.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Here's the thing with goatees: It's not that they inherently look bad; it's that they're creepy. A single guy with a goatee is only doing it to impress women. Everyone knows it. Single guys care about their appearance only in as much as it can help them get laid. Now, many women are fine with that. They see that level of grooming (chinstrap beards and noticable use of hair gel fall into this category as well) as a sign that a guy is trying. Other women and all non-creepy men view it as desperate and shallow. I hate most guys in their 20s and 30s with goatees or spiked hair or meticulously kept beards because I know how much time and vanity that takes.

But married men, particularly in their 50s and 60s, are different. When I see an older man who is happily married breaking out a goatee or a manicured beard, I view it more as the guy trying to prove something to himself than to women, trying to prove that he's still got it, even if he doesn't need it. That's not creepy. It might border on pathetic, but it's not creepy. It's like married women of the same age breaking out the uncomfortable high heels. Really, a goatee is the male equivalent of uncomfortable high heels. The difference is women like to look good for themselves. Men, at least single men, like to look good for women.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

And, yes, I realize how judgmental and generalist that was. Deal with it.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

So you're into the soul patch?

7. dooley_womack1

Maybe the stinger.

8. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

To paraphrase Versatile, they inherently look bad and they are creepy.

SoCal has a very good point. I love Toby Ziegler despite his facial hair.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

We'll always have Toby, Amy. :)

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Richard Schiff is currently in a play I have no desire to see again (Glengarry Glen Ross) except he's in it along with Al Pacino.

I may have to roadie up to NY to see it. Once my goatee returns

11. dooley_womack1

Goatees are for closers!

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Richard Schiff has a goatee/beard because he has a weak chin that betrays incompetence and lack of character.

[​IMG]

There's nothing masculine or confident about that chin. He's hiding his greatest weakness.

Draft saved Draft deleted