1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Nobody has said that.

2. Dick Whitman

The first one is pretty easy. You shouldn't.

As far as the second one goes: Do you really believe that's as far as analysis of a football game should go? There are upsets every week in the NFL. Doesn't make one team better than the other. Same thing in basketball, for example. It's commonly understood that the NCAA Tournament doesn't determine the best team in the country.

3. Dick Whitman

This is really very simple.

Notre Dame has a chance to be very good if they cut back on the mistakes and solve their quarterback issues.

They have a chance to be very bad if either of those things don't happen.

That's what I took away from their performance yesterday. I fail to see what is controversial about that.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

WE have a niece who is a freshman at n.d. -- her dad went there in the '70s and he's done a great job brainwashing her since birth -- and i'm sure she's devastated. that's all stopping me from rejoicing but i've reveled in mocking her dad during holiday season. her big sister didn't fall for the hype -- she's a soph at fordham.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

of all the unfair, unkind things said about jeter 'round here, this may be the unfairest and unkindest. he doesn't deserve this!!

6. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Utah? Sucked.

USC? Please.

Miami is a fraud.

Once again people see the name of ND, fail to look under the freaking hood, and just decide the Irish should be ranked.

Crock of shit.

And Notre Dame hasn't been far and away the superior team compared to USF or anyone else for years.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

notre dame = tiger woods, not derek jeter.

8. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

What makes you think Tyrone Willingham and Charlie Weis were great coaches to begin with?

Willingham had one very good season at Stanford, playing in what was then a very ordinary league. And his teams at Washington weren't very good either.

Charlie Weis was an outstanding offensive coordinator, at least on the NFL level. He was hired at Notre Dame with only one season of head coaching experience - at Franklin High School in New Jersey.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

John Lackey = 12-11

He sucks.

Now do you understand?

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And also: Tim Lincecum 12-12. He does not suck. His ERA is less than half Lackey's.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

One argument I'm really tired of is "if we played them 10 times, we'd win eight or nine." Unless they're rematched in a bowl, they're playing once. South Florida won. End of freaking story. Fuck Notre Dame and their fucking apologists.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

And cover up the Lizzy Seeburg case.

Draft saved Draft deleted