1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Sep 4, 2011.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Just to be fair...

Are you or have you ever been a sports journalist?

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I cannot believe this is an actual discussion thread in 2012.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He was already under contract for three more seasons. Was it really necessary to extend his contract until current HS juniors are graduating college?

Maybe in order to reassure the recruiting class currently in second grade, they should extend his contract through the year 2022.

If I am ND's AD and Kelly's agent comes in and says "we want a contract extension," I would say, "We want more goddamn wins. A lot more."

5. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Giving a coach a contract extension after back-to-back 8-5 seasons is only the latest indicator that Notre Dame is far, far, far from what it used to be.

Plus, given how publicly and how horribly Kelly has been shown treating some of his players this season, I'm not sure the fact that he's guaranteed to be there for their whole college career would be a big drawing card.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Hey, give 'em credit. They're getting more demanding.

The last coach got his big-money extension three games into his reign.

That worked out.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Now they take themselves out of consideration for the top quarterbacks before those kids reach high school, instead of losing out as they did with three different prospects this season. The fan base couldn't handle that kind of rejection.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yep. Now he has full license to be a hectoring, rude, crude douche for years to come.

Hope the fathers are proud.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Notre Dame gives two years of contract extension for every year you don't kill a student manager.

10. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Surely NBC has nothing to gain by reporting this ::)

12. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Or, considering ND would (potentially) be the THIRD school Kiel would commit to in the last couple months, this may just be the head case QB that Kelly needs to accelerate the Charlie Weis flashbacks Irish fans are having......

Draft saved Draft deleted