1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

The whole "sideline demeanor" thing is ridiculously overblown with Kelly. He's always been that way and is just on camera more often now than he's ever been.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

So he's publicky cussed out, berated and belittled his players at at least three programs, not just one? I guess that makes it OK.

If I'm a highly-recruited QB prospect and I compare Kelly's behavior to how Brady Hoke's guys have developed Denard Robinson or how Wisconsin worked with Russell Wilson, I know where I'm NOT going, that's for sure.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He cussed out a stringer from the Cincinnati Inquirer at his first-ever Big East media days.

4. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Man, the Broncos run a flee-flicker, Decker is wide open and Tebow throws doesn't throw it.

No wonder he doesn't throw many picks. He won't take anything remotely close to a risk. But a bunch of 3-and-outs aren't acceptable either. That's what makes Newton WAY better. Newton not only lets that pass go, he completes that throw.

Edit: Ha. I brought Tebow to this thread. I forgot I had switched from the Tebow thread to the Notre Dame thread when I posted that. Sorry!

I'll make it appropriate to this thread now: If Tebow played for Notre Dame today, Kelly would be saying un-Christian things to him on the sideline...

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When you mention Texas Tech success at QB I assume you menat under Leach. Leach system works because QB and receivers are in sync. Receivers are taught to find open space
    and adjust routes accordingly.

6. While I agree about Kelly, you just posted about one guy who has had only 1 year under the coach you mentioned (Robinson and Hoke), and another guy who had only 6 months (Wilson and Bielema).

If you want to go to the place where your coach will "develop" you -- and you want to follow Russell Wilson -- then you should play for Tom O'Brien in Raleigh.

7. micropolitan guy

Robinson's had two years under Hoke. He's flourished despite totally changing his MO.

Russell Wilson is 10 times the QB at Wisconsin he ever was at NC State.

And if I have the choice between Michigan, Wisconsin and NC State, I know which program I'm eliminating immediately.

Of course, now I might think about Pitt instead of Wisconsin. Rumor is about half the staff is following Chryst to Pitt.

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

This was Denard's first year under Hoke. he barely played as a frosh and last year was a soph under Rich Rod.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

They were better when the playbook was still in Latin.

10. Boom_70

Dominous mo mentum

11. micropolitan guy

My bad. Seems like Brady has been there two years. Either way, he's a much better QB now than he was a year ago. The same cannot be said of those coached by Kelly.

12. Boom_70

Hoke realized that he needed to make some adjustments to play to Robinson's strengths.

He did not stick to his "system". Would still like to see open up more with Robinson though.

Best thing that Hoke did was dump Greg Robinson and bring in Greg Matis to run The D.

Draft saved Draft deleted