1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RAMBO, Sep 23, 2007.

?

Are they going to stay win-less this season?

1. YES

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  2. NO

23 vote(s)
    92.0%
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And people say the media never writes any positive stories. ND's collapse is as heartwarming as it gets.

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Seriously, I don't want to be a douche bag. But if you're going to post on a journalism site, you've got to use words correctly, like there, their and they're. It really does help the credibility of your arguments.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Serious question: If Notre Dame had out-bid Florida, would Urban Meyer have done better, and why?

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

The fact that we are even discussing the possibility of Notre Dame and winless in the same sentence brings a smile to my face.

5. IU90

IU90 Member

Um, he wasn't trying to make an argument, just expressing a thought.

And I personally don't find a single their/they're grammatical error to be all that damaging to a poster's "credibility"; at least not as much as the author of a self-obsessed 10,000-word screed whining about unrequited love for a lesbian later getting all nitpicky about other people's posts.

But, hey, that's just one man's opinion. I don't want to be a douche bag.

6. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Yes.
    Because Weis' biggest weakness, I think, is that he's never coached college before, never had to start from scratch with people who weren't extremely talented and pretty well motivated, never had to prepare 19-year-olds for the speed and physicality of big-time football. In the pros, all that's a given, a coach mainly needs to put those guys in the right place, i.e. devise a scheme. And in his first two years at Notre Dame, he had that kind of experienced talent, at least on offense. He didn't need to develop it. But this year, it's almost like he assumed it was there, so he spent the preseason weighing down stone-cold rookies with advanced schemes, instead of making sure they knew the fundamentals.
    Meyer wouldn't have that problem. He's built up program after program and one would think he knows what it takes to move kids from raw recruits into big-time players. Not saying he'd have this year's ND team in the elite - their too depleted in the upper classes - but they'd be in better shape right now.

7. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Say Mike, have you ever read any of Bandwagon Boy's threads? I would give you plenty of 6 to 5 that "Rambo" either reads or posts over there. Unlike JDV's, his errors are deliberate, I think.

8. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If ND goes 4-8, which BCS bowl will invite them?

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

If there is no time for Navy to finally win in this series, this is the year to do it. If they don't, Paul Johnson might be looking for work. They have come close so many times, it painful to watch them come up short.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

They are looking 0-8 square in the face before they get to a winnable game.

What will Southern Cal do to them?

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I am pretty sure Rambo is a high school kid.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The TV announcers will spend the fourth quarter discussing the worst home losses in Notre Dame history.

"If the Trojans score again, we will see a new record."

Draft saved Draft deleted