1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame to ACC in everything but football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yes. I wonder if they mean it would be logistically difficult to work out home-and-homes with Purdue and Michigan State or whomever if you're also doing so with 5 ACC schools.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yeah. My bad. But that only adds to my point. I think 4 of their opponents this year will be in the ACC when they get there.

Is BYU considered a rival of Notre Dame? Maybe that's the 12th game every year or something. Or maybe they'll save a spot for a game against another traditional power like Oklahoma or Oregon or something.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I'm sure that'll go over well.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

ND won't stop playing Navy or USC. And if it keeps playing USC it will also play anothe west coast school so ND gets its Thanksgiving trip out west the years USC plays in South Bend.

They'll probably play BYU every year as well.

5. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

They'll probably drop two out of three of Michigan State/Purdue/Michigan so they can have a chance to schedule two-year deals with SEC/Big 12 schools. They like rotating schools like Tennessee, LSU, Oklahoma and Texas through the schedule. And unless they force one of the ACC games into the "barnstorming" slot, they will need a spot for that game too.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

They've only played BYU four or five times before this year. But BYU's also independent in football now, so maybe it will become a regular thing.

7. I love the mention of "obscure Midwest markets," because we all know Clemson, Tallahassee, Winston-Salem, Raleigh-Durham, Charlottesville, Blacksburg, and Syracuse are major media markets.

8. Armchair_QB

ND is probably demanding to play Duke, Wake and Maryland every year.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I always thought Notre Dame belongs in the Big 10 if it joins a conference, just like FSU and Miami belong in the SEC. I'm thinking football first, of course, but the ACC doesn't feel like the natural fit for those schools. Those are just my preferences, though. Go bold or stay home.

10. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

That Atlantic Coast is really huge.

11. Armchair_QB

Global Warming, dude.

12. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Obscure midwest markets = places where high schools produce fat, slow athletes. This is a recruiting move too -- Hey Georgia athlete, sure South Bend is far away but we'll play 2-3 games every year close to mama.

Draft saved Draft deleted