1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame tips a caterer $29,000, wants money back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 17, 2009.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5irMhfbwWznfOxwLKUKp_-cmoPcTgD9AOJQM81

My own opinion: if the bank makes an error in your favor, tough, pay it back or don't spend it. If the IRS screws up and sends you too big a refund, well, you know who's going to win that one. But if a private business (Notre Dame in this case) overtips, tough luck. Take it out of Charlie Weis' meal allowance.

And by the way, she got tipped 29,000 and Notre Dame claimed it should have been 29 and change. They're either very, very cheap or she was catering Charlie's mid-morning snack.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The school wants that money for the Charle Weis buyout fund.

3. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

What did the leper say to the prostitute?

Keep the tip.

4. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Screw "Wake Up The Echoes."

Howzabout "Wake Up the Accounts Payable Dept."

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hear about the leper hockey game?

There was a face-off in the corner.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. She thought it was a tip. Riiiiiiigggggghhhhhtt.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm inclined to go with ND on this one. She tried so hard to point out their error that as little as a month later, she had spent the entire $29,000? Ahem. She was car shopping the day she got the check.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

I WANT MY TWENTY-NINE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Spending it immediately is the problem. Hang onto it and then make the institution grovel to get it back. They might win, but at least you can pay it back and get your 15 minutes.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Nice.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Throw it in the bank, and the interest alone will be about the same as the tip you were supposed to receive.

If the person at McDonald's accidently gives you an extra dollar, it's your lucky day. If you thought you were going to get away with an accidental $29,200 that fell on your lap, you're delusional.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted