1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame job

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by CRM, Oct 4, 2010.

1. DMurphy

DMurphy New Member

I freelanced a couple of stories for them went ND went to the Hawaii Bowl in '08. Not sure about the pay for a full-time writer, but the rate for a story was competitive.

As far as homerism goes: The magazine definitely celebrates Notre Dame sports, but they are not in the university's pocket. They are one of three of four outlets (probably the only one still in print) dedicated to covering everything Irish. They do pretty good features but I can't say for certain what the Rxn would be if you tried to write an investigative story about NCAA violations or something of that nature.

2. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I heard a priest told him to try his hand at landing a job with Holy Cross Illustrated first.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't eat the hot dogs, aka splitting, soggy. flaccid rancid tubes of rotting animal flesh sitting in a malordorous swill. [oldschool sj reference]

4. superhater

superhater Member

Ownership has changed since that time.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"You're five feet nothing. A hundred and nothing. You have hardly a speck of writing ability. And you hung in with the best writers in the land for two years. And you're also going to walk out of here, with a job from Blue and Gold Illustrated. In this lifetime, you don't have to prove nothing to nobody."

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I ask the moderators how long will this offensive post stand?

7. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

And we're still awaiting an answer.

8. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

What's offensive about that?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Something, shall we say, sexually explicit, was changed in the quote. It looks like it got changed back.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Don't like it? You're free to stop posting here anytime.

11. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

That's great logic. Occasionally, someone will post something you find offensive. Because you find it offensive, you can avoid stop coming to a place to find job postings and sports discussion.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I must have missed something, but at any rate...back to the Notre Dame fanzine, please.

Draft saved Draft deleted