1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame = FRAUD

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Didn't Weis have that gastro-whatever surgery to lose weight? Are those reversible? Oh, and nice coaching job genius.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Damn, that's awesome. And completely true.

3. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Umm, yeah ... this is unquestionably true, because even this bloodless team was in the national title hunt until USC handed them their asses. They are the only ones who can truly eliminate themselves from the national title picture because they are excused from horrible losses like that home debacle to Michigan. The only way they fall out is with losses to Michigan State or some other non-factor.

No question, Weis has this team and program in a better place, it's just not a BCS team. Lord help me that I am about to speak on behalf of Boise State, but the biggest sign that this system is fucked is that it rewards mediocrity from programs like ND yet stifles excellence by teams like Rutgers, Boise State and even Wisconsin (there's the game, BTW, LSU-Wisconsin). So sure they will be in the title hunt almost every year after roughing up Navy, Duke, Stanford and whoever else they roll out for the latest sequel to "Weekend at Bernies," but it doesn't make them deserving. Here's the shame -- had USC managed to shit the bed against ND instead of UCLA, Fatty Arbuckle's Irish boys would be playing on Monday, though it would have been fun to watch that prison rape on national TV.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

No, but they did crown their ass.

5. da el g

da el g Member

Re: Weiss surgery, he nearly died from complications and it was reversed, huge lawsuit followed, can not recall the end result

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing that the current team is BCS-worthy. But I am saying that Weis will recruit players who will make them legitimately in the title mix, not just hyped because they're ND.

And again, I realize I may have fanboy blindness here.

7. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

The score should have been 60-7. The refs were trying to keep it close.

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

We agree. The thing we might disagree on is that it's often hard to know the difference between a "real deal" Irish and the variety we saw this year. They get the benefit of every doubt, which makes them no different than many name teams, but their big break is they never have to prove it against a conference sked.

9. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

The Irish No.2 in the nation man you make me laugh.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

TEH IRISH ARE STILL CHARMIONS OF TEH WORLD!!!111!!!!!!!eleven!!!!!1

11. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Do these stories get edited? It's the longest bowl losing streak in NCAA history, but certainly not the longest postseason drought. The Irish certainly has won a bowl game since Duke last won a bowl game.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

A record nine straight bowl losses now? I can't understand how people get excited when your team plays like leprachauns when it matters.

Draft saved Draft deleted