1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame = FRAUD

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 2, 2006.

1. ;D Difference is, LSU didn't let them off the hook.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Plunkett/Manning(Archie)?

Robert Smith got it right, Notre Dame gets its' ass kicked in Bowl Games becuse they are playing in games they have no business playing. They are over rated, and play much better teams. Rutgers/LSU should have been last night's game. ND should have played in the Texas Bowl.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Nothing quite like a thread bashing a pompous, overrated football program.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Step 1: Fatten up on the likes of North Carolina, Stanford and the service academies.
    Step 2: Earn easy ticket to BCS game because of agreement with BCS.
    Step 3: Get skullfucked when you actually have to play a really good team.

Repeat.

Yeah, we could be seeing last night again next year and the year after that and the year after that.

And I'm not sure I've ever laughed so hard as when Albert told the story about how Weis says in three years Brady Quinn will be the third best QB in the NFL.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

In "Step 1" for next season, they'll substitute North Carolina for Duke. I guess that adds a challenge in a way for the Irish: Facing a team coming off a "perfect" season.

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

This should probably go in the "Charlie Weis is a pompous ass" thread, but here goes:

Loved how Weis made such a big deal about how he doesn't wait for halftime to make adjustments. At Notre Dame, they make adjustments during the game.

And how did those adjustments work, Charlie? Try LSU putting 27 unanswered on your ginormous ass. Nice adjustments.

Guess he'll have to keep flashing that Super Bowl ring to recruits. Not like he's got a bowl ring to show them.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

If you've got the time, read through this fark thread on last night's game. Absolutely hilarious.

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2515484

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My kids have heart too... why won't you put their team photo on the front page?

9. RokSki

RokSki New Member

God, it's so great to see Fatty McFatt get humiliated on national tv, and I actually like Notre Dame. But any time McFatt gets punked, it can't be a bad thing.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

ND fanboy sez: Weis took a team that went 5-7 and 6-6 and got it to 9-3 and 10-3.

I think that, after next season, they will at least always be in the mix for a national title and win it every so often.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They'll be in the mix because they'll end up overrated to start the season every year. By November they'll be out of the mix again, unless of course they continue to stay overrated by domer homers in the media. In that case, their next bowl embarassment will make sure they're out of the mix.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The first three graphs here say it all....
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls06/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=2719490

LSU exposes Irish in historic Sugar Bowl loss
    By Mark Schlabach
    ESPN.com

NEW ORLEANS -- Even after Notre Dame lost its ninth consecutive bowl game Wednesday night -- yet another one in ugly fashion with a 41-14 loss to No. 4 LSU in the Allstate Sugar Bowl -- there is hope for Fighting Irish fans.

Even without record-setting quarterback Brady Quinn, receiver Jeff Samardzija and many more of its best players next season, Notre Dame will finally end its postseason drought, now the longest in NCAA history.

The Fighting Irish will end the postseason losing streak that dates back to 1994 because next season they'll be playing in some second-tier bowl game in a non-descript place like Shreveport, La., which is where they should have been playing during much of the last two decades.

Draft saved Draft deleted