1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame = FRAUD

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 2, 2006.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Weis realizes he'll never win a bowl game so he wants to jump to the Dolphins. LOL!

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

That would be hilarious. I am rooting for that to happen. Weis was complaining how hard it is to be the Notre Dame coach so it wouldn't surprise me if he did jump back to the NFL.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thought they did...

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Anybody else think Russell just started another Manning/Leaf debate with Brady Quinn?

5. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Who is Leaf? Who is Manning in this debate?

6. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

They're a fraud because they should not have been playing in this game in the first place. The system is set up to reward mediocre Notre Dame teams and reward royally those that are better than average, as was this one. That's why they're a fraud. Their biggest wins of the season came in weeks 1 and 2, they were mowed down by the two real BCS teams they played before getting weed-whacked by a third tonight. That defines fraud.

It doesn't mean they are in trouble as a program or Weis is a fraud. But as for this team being a legit national power, the verdict is pretty clear.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

What about a Bledsoe/Mirer debate?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Because, as Lester already pointed out, it's a fraudulent claim to say Notre Dame deserved a BCS bowl game, unless the basis is on selling tickets and TV revenue. The on-field product doesn't match what these games are supposed to be reserved for -- the elite teams in the nation. Simply put, Notre Dame had no business playing in this game.

OK, so it beat Georgia Tech (9-5) and Penn State (9-4) to start the season. But they probably should have lost to both Michigan State (4-8) and/or UCLA (7-6), in which case they wouldn't have come close to sniffing the BCS.

But they did. And that's a shame.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

ND didn't have nearly the amount of quality white and/or black athletes as LSU did. :)
    Not on this nite they didn't.
    Not nearly the same amount.

10. Griese-Sullivan?
    I will take my blood-thinners now.

11. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

You may be right about that. At this point they clearly don't have the athletes that elite teams have. And, last night, even the athletes they do have didn't play very well (they missed routes, tackled horribly and Samardzjia let an easy touchdown pass clank off his helmet). So it's easy to say now that they didn't deserve to be there.
    But they did go 10-2, which seems to be the going rate for the BCS these days. And while it's easy to say they "probably should have lost" to UCLA and MSU, they didn't, and a lot of good teams win games they "probably should have lost" to lesser teams. That's college football.
    In the end, they got offered a BCS bowl bid. What are they supposed to do? Turn it down and go play in the Gator? When was the last time anyone did that, Notre Dame or otherwise?

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

They are who i thought they were.

Draft saved Draft deleted