1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame = FRAUD

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 2, 2006.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And he won the Commander in Chief's trophy this year, don't forget that.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I smiled when I saw this had been bumped. Which reminds me, anyone seen Junkie recently?

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

or Jimmy Olson

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

For what it's worth, he hasn't yet lost a game they were clearly favored to win. No big upsets. But yeah, he's got to stop getting trounced by every good team they play. Honeymoon's over, Charlie.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

No shit. I called this game when it was announced. A big-time ass-whipping by the Tigers.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This was the easiest bowl game to predict. No way could ND contant LSU's stable of athletes.

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I too smiled upon seeing this thread, hahahaha.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

How exactly does losing to the fourth-ranked team in the country IN THE SUPERDOME reinforce the idea that they're frauds again?

They watched their horseshit defense get torn up by a good team that was playing at home. BFD. It's not as if they came into the game as heavy favorites.

There are a number of other teams in the country that also had high hopes and didn't live up to them this season. As someone else said, ND beat everyone they were supposed to, didn't upset anyone.

Give Weis a chance to recruit some defensive players who don't throw up all over themselves every time they face a top-10 team and see what happens.

Save the fraud charges for when they lose a game they're supposed to win.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I just had the following exchange in the office:

Co-worker: "Notre Dame should have worn their green uniforms."

Me: "Notre Dame should have stayed in South Bend."

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They're supposed to win every damn game. Just ask them, and the fucking writers that overrate their asses every year.

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Notre Dame gets taken to the woodshed. Rutgers wins in a rout. The much-maligned Big East goes 4-0 in bowls, winning by an average of 14.5 points. How many spots of ND will Rutgers be ranked in the final polls? Better be more than 2 or 3.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Thankfully, Jimmy Olson's time here seems to have come and gone.

Sadly, Junkie's not around. I know we usually didn't see eye-to-eye on college football, but I loved to spar with him.

Draft saved Draft deleted