1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame = FRAUD

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The playoff's the moneygrab.

Wake up.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

How is the playoff the money grab? The Bowls allow over half the colleges in 1A to go to bowl games. The money from those bowl games gets distributed between the college and the others within the conferences.

If anything, the number of bowls should be reduced, have a 16-team playoff and make the regular season and postseason mean something again. 6-6 teams going to bowl games? No money grab there.

3. Some school like Boise State or a conference like the MAC should sue the ever-living crap out of the BCS and/or the NCAA for the fraud that is the BCS. The notion that non-major conference schools are even a part of Division I-A is a joke. They have no shot at a national championship thus no shot at competing for prize recruits. It's a coordinated freeze out and its practically criminal.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Give Boise full marks for yesterday's dismantling, but they've got no shot as long as they play in that
    kiddie conference (relatively speaking, of course) . . . .

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Scribe, it already happened. Part of the reason why the BCS now has a fifth game.

Personally, I'm up for the plus-one concept myself. And add the Cotton Bowl to the BCS, restoring its rightful place as a bowl that actually matters.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

ESPN/ABC are drooling for a playoff, and shill for it endlessly, for the anticipated TV revenues.
    They aren't even subtle about it.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Of course, FOX could well outbid the mouse, then they'd be SOL.

8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

The scary thing is that if the Irish had won, they probably would have been allowed to back into the national championship game.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It gives me the utmost pleasure to bump this thread.

;D

10. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Glad to see this Thread is back where it belongs. Back on top so all you ND fans can try to prove they are not frauds. Good luck on defending ND now.

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I'm a Weis fan and all that, but losing these big games ...

Not a good reflection on the Tub o' Lard.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

So far, the only good thing Charlie Weis has done was almost beating USC last season.

Draft saved Draft deleted