1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame = FRAUD

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Or perhaps as a fourth service academy?

2. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

I think Ohio State as No. 1 is much more ridiculous and downright laughable than Notre Dame at No. 2

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Was thinking the same thing. A LOT of college football teams would absolutely love for 10-3 to be deemed a disappointing year. And considering the fact Notre Dame has had a few good years recently (2000, 2002, last year), but usually failed to follow up with anything close, I suspect the Irish faithful should be happy to "settle" for 10-3 when all is said and done.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Buck, so do I. That way they'll seal up a berth in the national title game, since we know that Lloyd Carr is Tressell's bitch.

Too bad though I don't think the Buckeyes will beat Texas next weekend.

5. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

They went to a BCS game last year.
    They have the best QB in the nation.
    Have a v good WR (top 10 in the nation).
    Have a v good safety (top 10 in the nation).

Fraud?
    If they lose today, release the hounds, but at 0-0, i find it a bit of a stretch to drop the F bomb already.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Will a very good safety make up for the other 10 mediocre starters on defense?

7. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

It's quite the quandry: If the D returns 9 players, but the unit sucked ass last year, is that a good or bad thing?

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And because they make X amount of money on the NBC deal that no one else in college football can touch. It's the arrogance of that program that irks people, not so much their fans -- like my fiancee.

9. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Unless I missed a memo, Southern Cal is still in the Pac-10. And didn't SC beat ND last year? [/sarcasm]

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The NBC deal makes it even more amazing, the lengths that ABC/ESPN will go to power-fellate ND at every possible opportunity. They go to absolutely Olympian lengths to promote the marquee attraction of another network. :eek:

If I ran ABC/ESPN, you'd never see or hear a peep about goddamn Notre Dame on my network. As far as I would be concerned, they wouldn't exist. Until I could sign them to MY network, of course. ;)

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Chuck Farlie Weis

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Why wouldn't a network air ND games? Say what you will about them--and I have and will continue to do so--they bring ratings. Notre Dame is as close to a National school as there is. People watch the Irish for two reasons: (1) To see them win and (2) to see them get their ass kicked.

It benefits ABC, ESPN, Fox Sports and CBS to air ND games. Ratings equal advertisers. Advertisers equal money.

Draft saved Draft deleted