1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame Football: Ranked No. 1, Again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Nov 18, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Nah, it won't go that high, because it's on cable now. That makes a huge difference.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

If Georgia wins the title, that's six SEC schools with BCS championships. Only six non-SEC schools have won it.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's a good point... How crazy is it that the title game isn't on a network? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, because it's seemed like interest in that game has waned a bit in recent years, but Notre Dame-Alabama would generate more interest than that game has in awhile.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, I was shocked that the ABC/ESPN execs didn't demand the title game go on ABC. I can see the other ones. Fox had them for a few years and, outside of the participating teams' fan bases, got little reaction. But the title game should be on ABC.

5. joe

joe Active Member

As a Catholic, let me say once, forcefully — Fuck Notre Dame.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

3. An extension of the "we're better than you" idea, is that a lot of their fans are -- or come across as -- douchebags. They think that, no matter their record, if it's halfway decent they ought to be in a BCS bowl or the Top 10. It's irritating.

4. Versatile mentioned it, but their coach is a murderer. But, hey, they got that practice footage for a game against Tulsa. If they play for the national title, I sincerely hope that little nugget is brought up and Kelly and the school aren't allowed to spin into a schmaltzy feel-good redemption story.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Murderer? What did I miss?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Good answer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That little thing in which Kelly essentially forced a student assistant to stay up on a scaffold at the risk of his job to film practice during a major windstorm. Scaffold collapsed, kid died.

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

He's not a "murderer", it's ridiculous to use that terminology. Murder, by definition, requires intent to kill. There most certainly was none of that.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And the proof of his premeditation in which he decided to kill the kid is what exactly?

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Murderer rolls off the tongue better than manslaughterer. And Kelly should have been held accountable for what happened to Declean Sullivan, but of course that would require the Notre Dame ballwashers to stop ballwashing. Funny how "pedophile enabler" is sticking just fine on Paterno, but Kelly's done a nice dodge out of his appropriate title. There's not even a mention of it on his Wikipedia page.

Draft saved Draft deleted