1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notre Dame football question

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HejiraHenry, Aug 16, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

If anybody is paying attention, can you tell me if the QB situation there has been resolved?

2. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Clausen has received his invitation to the 2007 Heisman ceremony...

According to his agent, he is mulling the offer...from the limo...

3. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

No. It hasn't.

4. I heard Rick Mirer was back in the mix -- he doesn't have a lot going on lately...

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Terry Hanratty is going to make a comeback. He has a year of eligibility left.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

One serious answer in four replies. Thanks.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Given their schedule (the first two months are the equivalent of the Bataan death march), the Bacardi Bowl is a possibility.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Weis said he isn't going to name a starter until, well, they take the first snap against Ga. Tech. He say's it's the only time he'll have the element of surprise so he might as well use it.
    That said, Weis was planning on having it down to a 1A and 1B soon, last I knew.
    So, it's still very much up and the air. And, though he said he doesn't like the idea of platooning a QB, he might this year, since one of the 3 (can't remember his name) is more of a running QB, he might see some snaps even if he doesn't win the job outright.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I've heard Ron Powlus is back in the mix.

He mumbled something about two Heisman trophies he still needed to win.

10. Boom_70

Since ND only started practice a few weeks ago maybe we thougt your question was not serious.

Have you checked in with the Southbend Tribune. Its all ND all the time. They have a very good columist - Jeff Carrol who always bring a lot of good insight into program.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?CATEGORY=SPORTS

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Hi Jeff!

12. Boom_70

Here ya go Henry - ask and you shall receive . You want to know about ND football ask Jeff:

http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070814/Sports/708140417

Draft saved Draft deleted