1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing says credibility like a nude centerfold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

or Junior Johnson

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a good magazine. It's almost Esquire with nude pictures, which certainly isn't a bad thing, but it's really done nothing to stand out among the rest over the last 5-6 years. When I was in high school and college there were at least 2-3 celebrity pictorials each year that people had to see. I remember the Elle McPherson issue causing an uproar at my fraternity house because people kept stealing it.

I can't think of the last big celebrity they've had in there. You always hear the Britney, JLH or Lindsey Lohan rumors, but I think everybody knows that will never happen.

Also, with the Internet, any pictorial can be seen long before it hits the newsstand.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Egads!

As for the poll on the SportsbyBrooks site, I voted for Natalie Gulbis. :D

4. Mizzougrad96

There was a really hot soccer player (Heather something I think) who was rumored to be doing Playboy, but was told by either the US team or one of the other soccer governing bodies not to do it.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Heather Mitts is gorgeous. She has done a lot of modeling. (I don't know how to post photos).

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

I know how. :D

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also, here's a Link to a Maxim pic - NSFW!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Wow, I wish I had boobs like that....

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

No kidding for for a while it seemed like every fifth or sixth issue featured "The Girls Next Door." Spare me. And the content went downhill the last few years.

9. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I think the only reason Hef has three girlfriends is so they can pretend when they run photos of his girlfriends for the 1,000th time they can pretend it's a celeb pictorial.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I really miss the old PB. I loved the front of the mag, PB After Hours, the reviews and the columns. Now all that's gone, replaced by Maxium-type shitty little columns. The Playmates are all interchangeable, with blonde hair and mammoth fake cans, not like the old days. Oh yeah and there is way too much of Hef's skanks.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It may be that any Playboy offer Danica had is no longer, what with Hef charging admission to his mansion parties to scrape together a few extra bucks. Apparently the empire isn't quite as flush with cash as it once was.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

I thought it was so there's always a one-in-three chance that, when Hef wants "company," there's someone available who's not already down the hall fucking someone who can get it up and see it through to completion without chemical assistance.

Draft saved Draft deleted