1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing says credibility like a nude centerfold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Aug 27, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Dear thread,

It's been nice knowin' ya. Take care.

Ryan

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It won't impact her because nobody will give a fuck. If she shows her tits, people will pay attention. If she poses naked but nobody can see anything, nobody will care.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

So to speak.

4. Mizzougrad96

Wake me when she does a Katerina Witt like spread in Playboy.

5. I have that issue somewhere at home.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Perv of a husband?? You're gonna have to explain that one.

I agree with the others, wake me up with Playboy, though that's not happening. Danica has made no secret over the years that she's comfortable in her body and enjoys having it photographed, but in no way that would make her younger fans embarrassed to be her fans. Since young people see so much today, so to speak, compared to decades ago, I don't think she has gone over the line yet. Maybe close to it, but not over it.

I think much less of ESPN here. The Mag has always been in the back pocket of athletes, but this is taking the admiration to a different level, and for a cheap cash grab. Sure, one could argue that the Swimsuit issue is the same thing, especially since it has branched out into photographing athletes' spouses, but SI was at least first to this party a long time ago. I think it's tough to be No. 2 and not be vilified for it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

If you can't see the naughty parts, it isn't a nude photo shoot. I also see nothing wrong with it.

8. Mizzougrad96

I sold or threw out a ton of old Playboys recently, but that was one of the few issues I kept.

9. Mizzougrad96

From her standpoint, there's nothing wrong with it. She's an athlete who will benefit from some publicity.

From ESPN's standpoint, it's pretty embarrassing.

10. I couldn't find the news source where I first read it. This is the best I can do, but the Arizona and PA claims are true and accurate with records to verify.

As you wish ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  11. I have that one, an Anna Nicole one and a Jenny McCarthy, which has a good interview with Jerry Seinfeld in it.

12. Mizzougrad96

I can't take credit for this one, but a buddy just emailed me and said,

"ESPN should have her standing in front of a hotel mirror and checking out her own ass."

Draft saved Draft deleted