1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing like the smell of F--- You in the morning.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

OT, I feel your pain.

I've been house-sitting for a very close friend this past week or so. Stopped by the house Saturday evening and found frozen pipes. <Lots of expletive deleteds here.> Everything had been fine the day before. Mr. Rosie and I went back over there later the same night and we were able to thaw the pipes -- thankfully no damage. But what a pain in the arse!

Today, just working, doing laundry, figuring out how I'm going to get everything ready for the big family Super Bowl party at our place. It actually warmed up today -- one above! -- and sunny, not a cloud in the sky.

Not bad for a Monday.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Haven't had frozen pipes, but had to replace an aging sewer pipe in my basement recently that sprang a leak - the worst part was having to remove the sludge remains myself (the pipe guy alleged he couldn't because of liability laws). If I get cancer in the next 20 years, I'll know where.
    Not the worst, though. The morning of my father's funeral, a toilet pipe upstairs leaked, and I lost a good chunk of kitchen faux ceiling. It still has the empty patch (we'll live with it until we redo the kitchen).

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Wait a minute, TBF. You started a "baby TBF on the way" thread 72 hours ago as if it were an any minute thing, but your wife went to work today?
    WTF?

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I was thinking the same thing.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We thought the baby was on the way, at the time. She experienced some pain that night and had contractions later at work.

Now, we're just playing the waiting game.

And, yes, she's at work. She'd planned on working until the day the baby's born.

Should she not be? Her physician hasn't said anything about it.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Never said she shouldn't be working, that's up to her.
    Maybe you shouldn't have jumped the gun on baby on the way 72 hours ago.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I don't think I said "the baby's on the way, and we're headed to the hospital." I wrote the baby may be on the way, as Mrs. t_b_f was experiencing contractions and showing what many consider the early signs of labor. And what followed was a discussion about her condition and the impending delivery.

I didn't "jump the gun." She's 39 1/2 weeks, sir.

8. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that be "Nothing like the sound of F--- You in the morning"?

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

It's a play on a quote from "Apocalypse Now."

I can't believe it's not me missing a movie quote reference. That's a first.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Depends on her hygiene.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The Waiting Game sucks. Let's play Hungry Hungry Hippos.

12. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted