1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing good ever happens after 2 a.m.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 7, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Darn, and I was starting to like Dargan.

;)

2. dargan

dargan Active Member

I'm plenty ornery, dools. ;)

3. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I'll take Red Arrow any day of the week up in my neck of the woods.

There's nothing like walking in there on a Saturday night, piss drunk and ordering a full breakfast and drink for under $10. And that includes tip.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Waffle House isn't much more expensive than that. You can certainly eat there for $8-12 bucks, depending on your level of intoxication.

5. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I'd say it's more a Southern thing. I thought this summed it up pretty well.

http://www.esquire.com/features/food-drink/waffle-house-0309

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How long did it take you to get the smoke out of your clothes?

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Did you run into my sister? She was the one with meth mouth and a booth full of misbehaved kids waiting for the end of her shift.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Absolutely spot-on.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And IHOP = Neiman Marcus.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

IHOP's disgusting. Can't remember the last time I ate at one.

I'll take Denny's coffee over Waffle House, although both are good.

And while I have a soft spot for the original Grand Slams for sentimental reasons, Waffle House's food is much better than all of them.

Damn, I miss WH. Closest one is 330 miles away, in Phoenix. Where I grew up, we had two at the same interstate overpass, one on the east side next to McDonald's and the other on the west side next to the package store. Both still there, too. :D

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

This one is my favorite.

"March 2007: Two women get in a fight in a WH in Richmond, Ky. When police arrive, four men at the counter leave during the confusion, not paying their $100 tab. Police chase the men at speeds reaching 100 mph, and the men finally crash into a pole and are arrested. No word on how four people, even drunk, can spend $100 in a WH."

Because in April 2005 this happened.

"Dejected from Michigan State's Final Four loss to North Carolina in St. Louis, Mustang and his friends sell their championship game tickets for $500 each. After trying to find a Sonic that was still open at 2 am, the boys went to the Waffle House plopped a $100 bill on the table and said give me all the waffles this will buy. Mustang has never eaten so many waffles in his life."

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Wow. I think that's more amazing than a McNuggets challenge. Did your legs go numb from all the time you surely spent on the can after that debacle of a meal?

Draft saved Draft deleted