1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing good ever happens after 2 a.m.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Sort of like a low-rent Denny's in which all the waitresses are named Thelma.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I've been wanting to do a Waffle House reality show. Have it in a college town so you get the town winos mixing with the drunk frat boys and sorority girls stumbling in at 2 a.m. It would be great TV.

p.s.

I once spent about 5 hours in a Waffle House in Clanton, Alabama waiting for a ride. . . on Talladega race weekend.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Denny's is Ruth's Chris to Waffle House's Sizzler.

4. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Waffle House is no frills, but usually very good food.
    Denny's is no frills, but usually very average food.

5. dargan

dargan Active Member

OK ... let's get something straight here.

To anyone saying Denny's is considerably better than Waffle House, you're out of your freakin' mind. Waffle House beats the crap out of IHOP. Yes, IHOP. I said it.

I rarely get worked up on here, but I can't let this travesty continue. You ain't gonna tell me anywhere with a buffet is better than somewhere that cooks your food in front of you. This is unbelievable. Yankees really don't have taste buds after all.

Next time, get the country ham steak with scrambled eggs and grits, and be sure you put a whole bunch of butter in those grits.

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Wait...your IHOP has a buffet??

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

My sister once worked at a WH in the town where we grew up. That was enough to keep me out of all WHs across the nation.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Agreed. You don't see Waffle House giving free meals to everyone in America.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

denny's, jerry's and steak & shake are all we've got where i work.

no waffle house or ihop, but we do have an omelette house right off I-65.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I had the pleasure of eating Steak and Shake once in Alabama. I'm bitter there aren't any around here.

And when did Denny's get a buffet? Last i checked, both Denny's and IHOP cooked their food on a grill, too. Just not right in front of you out in the open.

Waffle House > Denny's. Easily.

Edit: Waffle House and IHOP isn't a fair comparison, in my book. Apples and oranges...or pancakes and waffles. IHOP does have the best coffee of the three, though.

11. dargan

dargan Active Member

No. Sorry, didn't make that clear.

Simply brought up IHOP because it's the one most often debated vs. Waffle House.

Everything tastes the same at IHOP except the pancakes. All the other stuff --- from chicken fried steak to Colorado omelette --- leaves the same aftertaste in your mouth.

Waffle Houses vary greatly because there's no real formula there to cook anything. It depends a lot on who the short-order cook is at a given time. Therefore, a single Waffle House can vary depending on time of day.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Now that's a good story.

Draft saved Draft deleted