1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing good ever happens after 2 a.m.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

... or, apparently, down at the local Waffle House. AJC compiles list of WH shenanigans.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2009/03/05/waffle_house_timeline.html?cxntlid=homepage_tab_newstab

Damn. And I was in the mood for some waffles and shenanigans.

2. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

So if I want to go to the WH across the parking lot from my hotel tonight, I only have an hour? Good to know...

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Stay out of the bathroom, Ducky. And the clothes stay on this time, y'hear?

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Just remember, one foot tap is a coincidence. Two is an invitation for love. Three means anything goes. :)

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Shenanigans?

6. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I once worked with a guy who insisted he knew the names of all the waitresses at all the Waffle Houses in the South. At the time, I didn't really believe him. When I came back from a trip to Gadsden, Ala., and mentioned that we had eaten at a Waffle House, he asked, "How's Thelma doing?" And damn if that wasn't our waitress' name.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Waffle House is often the only thing open on Tebow-mas Day. I ain't knocking it.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The Texas Bacon Egg and Cheese is the tits.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Waffle House is a metaphor for all that is bad, noxious and toxic. A common TV sweeps story where I used to live involved showing black people being kept out of Waffle House, the manager saying the place was closing, then the guy letting in a group of white folk.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I just got back from a 3 a.m. West Virginia Wal-Mart run, so yeah.

11. KG

KG Active Member

I had biscuits and gravy at Waffle House around five this morning. It was good.

12. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Just remember, after tonight, nothing good happens after 3 a.m. ...

Draft saved Draft deleted