1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing About Les Moonves?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Michael_ Gee, Jul 28, 2018.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Just watched the clip. He cops out.

Calling for "accountability" absent a specific call for action is meaningless, especially in light of the board's refusal to make Moonves step aside during their investigation.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think Colbert is in position to make a declarative statement - what he says if is the allegations have merit, Moonves should be held accountable. Don't know how many media types have felt free to dump on people they have no connection to on these things, then suddenly clam up and/or defend, when a colleague is involved.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Still love the irony that Sinatra’s kid is leading the way on sexual harassment reporting. What a delicious turn.

5. DanOregon

Woody's his dad, but same diff.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I would bet you a DNA test would side with @exmediahack.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah ...

[​IMG]

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Wrong. This is clearly his father

[​IMG]

exmediahack likes this.
  9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

More than just leading the way. His work has taken down some seriously powerful people and he's done more to create a nationwide conversation with wide-ranging social consequences than anyone else in recent history. He has been a one-man game changer. I didn't watch him very often on MSNBC, but the few times I saw him, I really thought he sucked. To me, he came off as a serious lightweight in that setting. As an investigative reporter on this issue? He has shown some serious chops and an amazing ability to get people to trust and confide in him.

And yeah, it is awesome that we're talking about Sinatra's kid in that regard.

10. DanOregon

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

Draft saved Draft deleted