1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nothing About Les Moonves?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Michael_ Gee, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Farrow seems to have the goods. Watched CBS evening news and they had tweets from women hostages, excuse me, employees, saying Les was always great to them. He'll get away with it, I'm guessing.

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I look forward to the discussion of this on "The Talk" on Monday.

(I'm going to guess he "retires" soon, but nothing would surprise me.)

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Lots of discussion in the #metoo2 thread in Sports & News.

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I suspect @Michael_ Gee is among those who will need to hit "Show Ignored Content" at the bottom of the screen to learn of the existence of the "#MeToo 2" thread.

Songbird likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This is among the things that explain how Charlie Rose got away with so much for so long.

7. DanOregon

I know Steve Kroft got brought up a few years ago - but I imagine the older 60 Minutes crew got away with a lot back in the day.

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Sumner Redston's daughter has been fighting to regain control of CBS from Moonvies. This is probably a fatal blow because Moonvies will be leaving soon.

9. DanOregon

CBS likely takeover play as Moonves eyes war with Shari Redstone

CBS Corp. Submits Below-Market Acquisition Offer for Viacom, Setting Stage for Tough Negotiations

For what its worth, I don't think the latest news has anything to do with the proposed merger/takeover. Redstone owns majority shares of both. Figure if they didn't like what Moonves was doing he would have been sixed a few months ago. No need to dig up dirt.
    And considering he ended up marrying a CBS underling, it isn't like Moonves can say he's always kept things professional.

10. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Not entirely true—National Amusements (the Redstone’s family investment vehicle) owns a majority of the voting shares of CBS. And when worried that Ms. Redstone would force a Viacom merger on them (she said she had no plans to), the CBS board took action to dilute the voting power of that stock. I believe there’s ongoing litigation as to whether that action of the CBS board was valid, but it would presumably limit her ability to ditch Moonves if so.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It’ll take nine digits on that parachute to dislodge Moonves.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Read the story today. Farrow gets a lot of people on the record.

One of the accusers reportedly had a past relationship with Sumner Redstone. That's pretty interesting considering the Redstone/Viacom/CBS battle to come.

Draft saved Draft deleted