1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notebooks. Which kind?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by the_rookie, May 7, 2007.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

16.99 a dozen at Staples.

2. Walter Burns

Walter Burns Member

I use a reporter's notebook...a holdover from my days in news when I just needed something I could put in my pocket. I usually have a scorebook for baseball, and scoresheets for other sports.
    The exception is football. I take a clipboard with enough papers for a play-by-play, and a stat sheet.
    Of course, if I have a laptop, I take notes on it.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I usually have one or two steno pads or reporter notebooks in my purse at any given time. I prefer steno pads.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Stenos for basketball, preprinted forms for football and baseball, reporter's notebooks for everything else.

5. http://www.portagegraphic.com/

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I've Quarked up my own stat sheets for many sports. Always use a legal pad to go along with those stat sheets at games, but use steno pads for non-stat sports and other stories. My natural handwriting is very large (once measured it at 14 points), so the reporter's notebooks are too small.

7. chazp

chazp Active Member

Your singing to the choir.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That's what I go with, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted