1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Notebook crapped out, now what...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KP, Oct 2, 2006.

1. KP

KP Active Member

So my Compaq Presario just acted like a tv getting bad reception and then went to black. Warranty is expired. Having someone look at it - probably, just a video card issue, had that issue with first notebook.

BUT

If the shit hits the fan and the notebook is toast, what should I get? Basically all I use it for is the web, file stories, itunes and store sound bites from my recorder.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Get a Mac. Blow up the PC.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I love my iBook.

4. Crimson Tide

Crimson Tide Member

I had a Compaq back in the early 2000s. Piece of shit. After the fourth repair in 2001, I realized I could have bought a new computer. I took a sledgehammer to the bastard.

I got an iMac.

Now, I love my MacBook.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Fuckabuncha Microsoft. I'm a Mac daddy.

6. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I've been going through this for the past three years with my Dell.

I really, really want to get a Mac. But I have a Dell credit card, and I might have to go that route.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I'm a recent Mac convert with a new MacBook. So far, so good.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

9. Drock

Drock Member

Same here. Love my MacBook.

10. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

So I could buy four Dell laptops for the $1,500 bucks I spent for the MacBook? Will Dell give me a free iPod, too?

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I've never used an iBook, but I do know that the eMac computers that we use at work are pieces of shit. Never crash? what a load of shit. I'm probably restartin three times a day because the fucker crashes. And the keyboard does this really annoying thing where when pressing a key once it will give five or six of that letter, so I'll end up with sentences like this: Thiiiiiiiiis compuuuuuuttteeeeer is aaaaa piiiiece offffff shhhhhiiiiiiittt. doesn't do it all the time, but for some reason has a knack for it on deadline. Takes three times as long to write a story as normal because I'm going back and deleting all the extra letters.
    For these reasons a lone, and the cost, I will never buy a mac. Oh and Compaq lap tops are pieces of shit too, I am the unhappy owner of one myself.

12. Drock

Drock Member

I spent a little over $1,200 on my MacBook and it has everything I could possibly need -- and a bunch of stuff I'll never use. I can right click all I want when I plug in my mouse, which I use at home and on the road.

Draft saved Draft deleted