1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not what you think it is

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Don't come in here with your truths and facts, WB. We won't stand for it.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

But if you take the picture you want to post off the host's site, put it in your photobucket account and then post the picture from there, aren't you violating the copyright the original host has on the photo? By linking directly from the host's site, you're giving the host all the credit for the photo, plus the extra hits which can mean extra advertising dollars if its a site that accepts advertising. So by posting the picture via photobucket instead of via the host site, you're stealing potential advertising dollars from the host.

3. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Splat Girls?

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Maybe it will to some, but that line, and its variations, will never ever get old to me.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Same here.

6. Only if you're snagging a copyrighted photograph. Most aren't copywrited. Plus photobucket allows you to credit the photo.

The reason people sabotage the photos is to keep you from using their bandwidth ...

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

[​IMG]
    ?

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

the day after you post it, it's still what I thought it was-- no image

9. chazp

chazp Active Member

I thought the same thing. There's a joke in there somewhere!

Draft saved Draft deleted