1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not too big for the phone book.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

now that was fucking awesome. i so forgot about that line.

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Just a <i>little</i> scary that you know that.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Joe Pa only makes $512,000 a year. How the hell can he afford more than one phone line?

I've heard all kinds of stories over the years about famous people who have this one room in their house that's empty except for a table with a phone on it, and it never gets answered.

4. In Exile

In Exile Member

Daivd Halberstam always had a publicly listed phone number.

5. I think MLB Hall of Famer Stan Musial is also in the book.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

As an assistant at Michigan and his first two years as head coach, Gary Moeller had a published number

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

A guy named Alfred Slote was my favorite author when I was a kid, and several years ago on a whim I did a people search on yahoo and found his phone number. Called him up and had a nice conversation. I wonder how often that really happens.

8. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Heywood Jablome AND Heywood Jablome Jr. for many years were listed in the Nashville phone book.

Seriously.

9. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

I used to look for own name/number in the phone book each year when it came out, just to verify I wasn't in there.

I had an unlisted number and wanted to make sure I was getting what I paid for.

Draft saved Draft deleted