1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 29, 2012.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Pavano's not bright enough to think like that. Fifty cards shy of a full deck, a whole basket short of a picnic, etc etc.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I love the fact that the dope specified the color of the interior of the Land Rover he wanted.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My guess was "Garland" when you said that, but, yeah, yours trumps.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. I didn't know tan leather was a gay thing.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I was thinking "Carpenter"

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I saw a different story, not the one that Moddy linked to. I don't have a link, but the one I read buried the lede.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I only covered baseball for a short time, but the rumors about players who are gay/bi seem to be a lot more rampant than other sports.

I mean, I covered the NFL for six years and probably heard rumors about a handful of players and that's it. In baseball, there seemed to be a lot of rumors about superstar players, including a few who are in the Hall of Fame.

I hope we reach the day when this is no longer an issue, and people can just live their lives without worrying about hiding something, but I think that day is long ways off.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with this but I think it's closer than you think. Ten-twenty years ago it was treated as shocking and horrifying that there might be a gay professional athlete.

Now, who really cares?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We'll find that out once a prominent athlete comes out during his playing career.

11. I'm pretty sure he's (recently) married. To a woman. So I'm not sure this would be the best time for coming out.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's interesting, because there are instances where players are gay, the whole team knows, nobody seems to care, but it's not public and it's not talked about openly.

I covered a charity event once where a bunch of players were there and one of the players showed up with a friend and while the player did not fit a typical stereotype, the friend definitely did. I asked one of the players about it and he said, "Oh, yeah, everybody knows."

Draft saved Draft deleted