1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not that there's anything wrong with that

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/nationals/police-twins-pitcher-carl-pavano-was-target-of-extortion-attempt-by-high-school-classmate/2012/03/29/gIQAV5ONjS_story.html

Presented without further comment

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I saw that this morning, although the story oddly glossed over the fact that it was a man.

It may or may not be true that nothing says I am in the closet quite like a heartfelt apology and a navy range rover with tan leather.

3. So a marginal MLB pitcher allegedly had a gay fling when he was 17 years old and his alleged lover thinks he can get a $1.2 million book advance out of that? In addition to this being a textbook case of extortion, the guy seems mentally ill.

Kudos to the Pavano family for having the courage to go to the authorities.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It gives new meaning to this 2006 New York Post cover.

[​IMG]

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wow. That headline sounds a lot like they knew something but couldn't say, doesn't it?

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Eh, the guy is just angry that Pavano was a horrible pitcher. You don't see me complaining that he destroyed several of my fantasy teams.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I don't know about that ... the word "homosexual" is pretty prominent in the lede.

8. Zeke12

Zeke12 Guest

Thank goodness.

I thought they were after his mustache.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Haha, I was going to post, "Must be the mustache."

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

This could be the best thing that ever happened to Pavano. I wouldn't be surprised if some marginal professional athletes started coming out on their own to increase their marketing profile.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I like that the guy (allegedly) doing the extorting has the last name of one of the few big league pitchers who is a bigger dick than Pavano. Would be awesome if they're all related somehow.

And really, $1.2 million to tell the tale of boinking Carl Pavano? Alyssa Milano just got the jones to "write" another "book."

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dead. To. Me.

Draft saved Draft deleted