1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not Starman justice, but it'll have to do

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OTD, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

When I read stories like this, it makes me appreciate the sanity of my personal life.

If the woman started a blog called "Megan had it coming," did she really think anyone would read it and suddenly see her side of the story?

There is a full world of crazies out there.

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

She didn't start it in her name. She originally started the blog by posing as a teenage girl named Kristen who she claimed was Megan's classmate. I imagine she only came clean in this post because she'd been busted for the "Kristen" act.

So, to recap: after her creation of a fictional teenage boy for the purpose of tormenting a vulnerable child via the internet resulted in that child's suicide; she then creates a fictional teenage girl for the purpose of insulting and defaming the same now-dead child via the internet. And the local authorities say there's no crime to prosecute.

This woman belongs in a cage, and she should never be allowed online ever again.

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

My gut instinct says she wrote it. That doesn't mean, of course, that she actually did. It could have been some kid looking for sick thrills.

But big deal. Whoever wrote it is very disturbed. A 13-year-old girl is dead. She should be allowed to rest in peace, peace she never was able to find in this life.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Shut up, Piggy.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Hey! I have the conch!

You shut your filthy mouth!

6. digger

digger New Member

I agree. There's something seriously wrong with that mother (if she really is the blogger - but like others have said, it sure reads like it's her).

I said this in one of the previous threads on this - the fact that the mother created the "josh'' account to basically spy on that poor girl makes this even more horrible than if (making the account) was just a kind of practical joke, which was what everyone thought at first.

She doesn't even realize how crazy she is - acting like part of the reason what she did was ok was that megan was interested in making out with the boy. And that megan's parents were letting megan say stuff like that showed how bad they were as parents.

Plus, she was never able to gather any real evidence megan was doing the things to her daughter that she thought megan was. It was probably all in her head.

Batshit crazy, as they say.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

If this blog wasn't authored by this depraved, sick woman, how delicious the irony that we have someone misrepresenting who they are online in order to inflict/cause pain on said sicko.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

If she didn't do it, someone pretty damn fiendishly devious and detail-minded did.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Oh my fucking god.

It should be a fairly easy thing for someone with some IT ability to run ISP addresses and figure out if the blog is really her or not.

If it is, forget my earlier advice (the Drew family should move far, far away), and it's time to burn their fucking house to the ground and hang Mommy by her heels from the nearest tree.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Update:

Mom indicted for murder
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24652422

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Not exactly murder, but if it'll put this fucking bitch behind bars for a few years, good enough:

12. This is going to be a trial I follow.

Draft saved Draft deleted