1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not Starman justice, but it'll have to do

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by OTD, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

After reading some of that blog (I couldn't read all of it) and scanning through some of the comments.......

I'm just ill.

Ill that a supposed grown woman is so incredibly obtuse.

If anyone needs psychiatric help, it's her.

Lord help us.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No guarantee that it's her, but if someone is faking it, they did a really good job.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

No, she should not be allowed to just start over. She's responsible for that little girls death and that blog of hers (assuming its authentic) indicates someone with a sociopathic personality incapable of feeling remorse. She gets a fresh start, there's nothing there to indicate she won't pull this sort of shit again. This woman needs to be watched, all the fucking time.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Are we sure that was really her? If so, that is incredibly disturbing given this poor girl's suicide.

I have to agee with Pancamo. I hate to even admit a thought like that, but if it was my daughter...

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Brick, meet face. Repeatedly.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Um, the girl was treated for depression. Putting her suicide directly on Lori Drew is a big-ass leap. Putting anyone's suicide on anybody's doorstep is a simplistic answer regarding a complex act in most cases, I would say. Mind you, a grown woman doing this, even in the act of having her child's back, is idiotic beyond belief. Which also describes the behavior of the neighbors.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

We'll agree to disagree. I would love a brick to go thru a window tonight. And tomorrow night. And the next night. And one of those big-ass pick-up trucks to do donuts on their front lawn.

I will look up and wave at you while you are on the high road, Dooley.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

dooley, that was my first thought, too. Something horrible happened and people want a villain to blame it on. But if she really did write that blog, with a title, "Megan Had It Coming," after this 13-year-old girl committed suicide....that is incredibly disturbing and goes well beyond idiotic.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And the message board Lord of the Flies convention begins. Said my peace. Poin. I'm out.

10. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

That blog cannot be real. No freaking way.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't like that post one bit. Where do you live, Dooley? Me and my mob are going to pay you a little visit tonight.

Anyone need a pitchfork? I got extras.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

It isn't just that she started the blog. She started the blog the same way she started the conversation with Megan; under false pretenses. Her first blog post was her pretending to be someone from Megan's class.

It is almost like this woman can't ever just talk to someone. She has to create a fake internet identity to go out and bash someone.

It is all very sick.

Draft saved Draft deleted