1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not really funny because it is true

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jul 10, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Like most things on this site that get laughs.

Hey, we all have different thresholds. I've always been a gallows humor person. But through the whole thing, I was thinking "it's true. 50 cents a day from people would save careers. Fucking assholes." then someone would look forlornly at the camera like an Ethiopian baby with flies circling...and I'd laugh. Sorry.

2. Bears00

Bears00 Member

I'm all for dark humor and laughing at ourselves. For me it's not about threshold, it's just about what I think is funny. To me, that is stupid rather than funny. To each their own.

3. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

The "star" of this video would work better losing about 60 pounds and then tossing footballs to Dan Marino and Mike Golic on the next round of Nutrisystem commercials.

On another level, I'm sure Slate will be dishing this crap for at least another, oh, 3 or 4 years before all their venture capital money runs out and we get a true reading on their own P&L financial health---or lack of it.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Anything can be funny with the right delivery. Even a play about Hitler in the spring.

This was just mean.

5. CM Punk

CM Punk Guest

It was funny. I also enjoyed the poster behind her desk. A skull and crossbones with a clown nose and top hat.

6. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I did not find it funny at all. A complete fail in its delivery.

Draft saved Draft deleted