1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not just good, Sonic good.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, May 22, 2008.

1. jps

jps Active Member

(And I love the commercials ... the husband/wife can be annoying every now and then ... but the two dudes are good programming.)

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Back to ketchup, it is allowed, in moderation, with meatloaf. Otherwise, it is the devil's condiment and should be avoided at all costs.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This now doubles the number of people I know who have been to a chickenless KFC.

Sonic erred in removing Frito pies from the menu, but I forgive them thanks to their strawberry limeades (with real damn strawberries inside, natch). What I cannot forgive are the sporks they expect you to eat a coney with. Breaks. Every. Time.

4. Overrated

Overrated Guest

We get forks in these parts. 'Course they always put them in the same box as the coney so you have to wash the fucking thing.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

People who eat meatloaf are questionable, at best.

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Gonna need more details on that.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

True.

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

We have the commercials all the time - for over 5 years and I've never seen one. Such a tease.

9. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I worked at a Sonic all four years of high school (that's how I paid the feed bill for my show calves) and witnessed pretty much everything you listed in my dusty little hometown of about 6,000 people. It was a big deal when any of us drove 60 miles one way to the nearest "Big City" of 100,000 for a night on the town.

At my most recent former place of employment, the education reporter, who came from a similar small town, spent most of an afternoon trying to explain to a coworker who had grown up somewhat closer to civilization the significance of skipping out on the last class of the day to go get a cherry limeade at Sonic. I was apparently the only person in the newsroom who understood what she was talking about.

Hard to believe it's been more than 30 years since I flipped my first burger.

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

No, I could not be more annoyed.

Smasher, there was an entire thread devoted to PO's pre-bitten pie, iirc

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I ate dinner at Applebee's tonight. They had a frito pie thing on the menu, as well as a frito chili cheese burger. Anyone who would eat that is questionable at best.

Also, the Sonic characters aren't that bad. The unofficial spokesman for Wendy's a few years back? Now that was bad. As is any commercial by McDonald's with rollerskating basketball players, that goofy kid dancing while eating apple dippers and any other stupid commercial they've had in the last ten years.

Bring back Grimace and the fry kids.

12. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Mr. Wannabe is correct.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/49837/

p.s. I agree with Pallister about ketchup. I use mustard on my fries...and everything else.

Draft saved Draft deleted